Thursday 7 August 2008

Good News and even more Good News!

Good News #1:

I went to Derriford yesterday to the fracture clinic, and they signed me off. I don't have to go there again, only to St Barnabas over the road for physiotherapy. They sent me home with a leaflet of impossible wrist and finger exercises an that was that. I don't even have to wear the splint any more unless I want to, and should try (carefully) to use the fingers at least, if not the wrist, a little more each day. All quite liberating and satisfactory.

I can actually myself notice small bits of progress - typing is now more or less normal, although I do not appear to be using my thumb (still the most swollen and painful digit) for the space bar. Unless I actually force myself to do it with the thumb, the natural space bar presser seems to be the middle finger of the right hand. Truth is, I can't remember what I used to use, before...

Good News #2:

Even better, this. The bone scan results say that my bones are perfectly healthy, not even borderline osteoporosis, and the wrist fracture was a genuine accident, not a trend! This is such a relief that even the weather seems to have improved. I haven't quite come back down to earth yet, and still have a silly grin on my face!

No comments: