Sunday 11 January 2009

Noss Mayo Walk

Comparatively warm weather - temperature just up into double figures. We were invited over the Tamar into the South Hams for a walk today, starting from Noss Mayo up along a bit of the coast path to Warren Point then down again for lunch at the Ship Inn. Westerly gales had been forecast, but Noss Mayo is well inland and sheltered so it felt quite balmy and mild as we set out. I'm glad I took my hat and gloves, though, because once we got on to the coast path the westerly gales were very much in evidence. I was wearing a lovely windproof jacket which, unfortunately, is a bit big round the hips; it filled up like a balloon and nearly lifted me off my feet. Not all that comfortable, but it made an amusing photograph... I was very glad that we were doing the walk in an anticlockwise direction because we met quite a lot of walkers coming the other way who were struggling with the wind in their faces.

A bracing but very pleasant walk was followed by a very pleasant lunch at the Ship. I like going on occasional adventures out of Cornwall.

No comments: