Tuesday 22 July 2008

Bone Scan

Back to Derriford again this afternoon to the medical physics department, located down in the dungeon, for a bone density scan. Actually it was quite a pleasant experience - on time, nice people, good explanations, no pain. No results either, at least not for a couple of weeks.

They were very thorough. The information I'd seen on the internet said that it would be on a wrist, but in fact there were four scans, on the spine, left hip, right hip and wrist. The biggest problem was the questionnaire they gave me to fill in first - I did it, but I wasn't convinced they would be able to read it. I think my lefthanded writing would be much better if I could do it from right to left across the page. I understand now why lefthanded people have so many problems; I can't even hold the paper down properly.

No comments: