Friday 27 June 2008

I'm a Bird with a Broken Wing

It's worse than I thought, actually. I was at the fracture clinic for thee hours this morning, being x-rayed and prodded and ECG'd and things. The result is that the broken bones have spread themselves about and on Sunday morning they will take my wrist apart and put plates in. Hopefully it will then start to get better...

The coping isn't as upbeat as I first thought, either. I am actually surprisingly adept with my left hand, but there are so many things that need two! My hair is about two foot shorter than it was. I made Ron cut it to a length he could cope with, which is about bra strap length. I can comb it with one hand and he only has to put one band in it. It's quite long by normal standards, but shorter than I have had it for twenty years.

It is also, unfortunately, apparently a typical fragility fracture, which raises the spectre of osteoporosis. I shall leave thinking about that until after Monday, if they let me out on Monday.

No comments: